Frequently Asked Questions are posted on this site.
If you have any other questions please contact us here.
- Display allClose all
- What time are check-in and check-out?
Check-in starts at 14:00. Please check out by 11:00 a.m.
- I will be arriving at the hotel much later than check-in time. How can I check in?
If you expect to arrive after midnight, please let us know in advance.
Note that we will cancel reservations without such prior announcement.
- When should I pay the accommodation fee? At the time of check-in or check-out?
Our hotel has a prepaid policy.
We ask our guests to pay the accommodation fee corresponding to the number of nights at the time of Check-in.
If you stay longer than your initial reservation, please pay the additional accommodation fee day by day.
A receipt will be given to you at the time of check-in.
*On your request they can also be provided upon check-out.
- Are cashless payments accepted?
Yes. credit cards, prepaid IC cards, and QR code payment for public transportation in the lists below are accepted.
* Credit Cards …… VISA(Mastercard)/JCB(American Express)/MUFG Card/UC/DC/NICOS/Rakuten Card/SAISON/AEON/Epos/Union Pay
* Prepaid IC cards for public transportation …… Suica, PASMO, and SUGOCA, etc.
* QR code payment……Alipay / Wechat Pay / PayPay / au PAY / d payment / LINE Pay / Rakuten Pay etc.
- Can I pay for my accommodation before check-in?
Yes. We accept your advance payment through the following methods.
*Payment by bank transfer
*Direct payment by visiting our hotel in advance
If you want to pay for your accommodation in advance, please call the front desk and let us know the details such as when and how.
Without advance payment, guests must pay the accommodation bill on arrival.
- How far in advance can I make a reservation?
We accept reservations six months before your stay by phone or online.
If you wish to stay longer than the predetermined plans on our website, please call us directly.
- Can I make a reservation on the same day I plan to arrive?
Yes. You can make a reservation through the internet or by telephone.
Please confirm the availability on the day through the internet or telephone as there may be cases of no vacancy.
- Can I request a non-smoking room or a smoking room?
Our hotel has no guest rooms where smoking is allowed.
If you wish to smoke, please use the smoking booths on the 2nd floor on the Northside or the 4th floor on the Southside.
- What are the hotel policies in regards to staying with children?
You can share a bed with a child under 6 years of age without any charge.
Please request that in advance or at the front desk when you check in.
Additionally, when there are three or more individuals, including children aged 7 to 12, the number of beds serves as the upper limit.
Children aged 7 to 12 can stay for free when sharing a bed.
[This policy applies to both double rooms and twin rooms.]
1 adult a 7-year-old child → considered as 2 adults
2 adults a 7-year-old child → considered as 2 adults and 1 child sharing the bed.
*Please note that some plans do not allow sharing a bed with a child.
*Please note that the breakfast fee for children will be charged separately.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation fees will be charged as follows.
2 to 3 days before: 20% of the room rate
One day before: 50% of the room rate
Cancelation on your scheduled arrival day: 100% of the room rate
No-show: 100% of the room rate
*Cancellation policy varies depending on the accommodation plan.
*Cancellation policy varies for groups of more than eight members. Please inquire directly at the hotel.
- What are the extra charges for early check-in or late check-out?
In the case of early check-in:
Generally, guests can check in from 14:00. Depending on the room availability, you may be able to enter your room a bit earlier than 14:00. If you request a specific early check-in time, you need to pay an extra charge. (You should reserve the early check-in time at least one day before your arrival.) Please note that we cannot accept some requests depending on the availability of rooms.
In the case of late check-out:
Guests must pay an extra charge for late check-out. We may accept some requests depending on the booking of rooms.
Guests who are JR HOTELS MEMBERS can extend check-out until 12:00 without an extra charge.
- Is there a curfew for entry to the hotel?
There is no curfew. Our front desk is available 24 hours a day.
- Is it possible to store luggage at the hotel before check-in or after check-out?
We can store your belongings and luggage at our hotel reception. Please do not hesitate to notify us if you would like to use this service.
After check-out, you can store your luggage only for that day.
In addition, please note that we cannot accept valuables, fragile items, dangerous goods, important documents, and perishable goods.
A self baggage drop machine is available on the Southside 2nd floor.
- I would like to send my luggage to the hotel in advance. Does the hotel allow this?
Yes. Please ensure your luggage contains the following information:
•Guest name (written in full)
*Please use the same name written on the reservation.
•Your phone number
*Please use the same name written in the same language as when the reservation was made.
*Please add the travel agency's name when you participate in a tour conducted by a travel agency.
c/o Reception Desk of JR Kyushu Hotel Kagoshima
1-1-2 take,Kagoshima city, Kagoshima
In addition, please note that we cannot accept:
•Luggage requiring cash on delivery or cash on delivery with an extra charge
•Refrigerated goods, frozen goods (Items requiring temperature and humidity control)
•Valuables, fragile items, dangerous goods, important documents, and perishable goods
•Items with no listed guest name or for people without confirmed reservations
- How can I get to the hotel from Kagoshima Chuo Station?
Directly connected to JR Kagoshima Chuo Station.
After passing through the ticket gate, please turn left and go straight ahead. You will see a walkway leading to our reception desk on the right-hand side.
- Would you tell me how to access your hotel from Kagoshima Airport?
Get on the airport limousine from Kagoshima Airport, and get off at the bus stop in front of JR Kagoshima Chuo Station(Kagoshima Chuo Terminal Building).
- Display allClose all
- What kind of equipment and amenities do guest rooms have?
[Guest room Equipment]
Television, Air humidifier and purifier, Telephone, Full-length mirror, Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), LAN port for internet connection, LAN cable, Electric kettle, Refrigerator (empty*), Hair dryer, Warm-water washlet toilet, Alarm clock, , Night light, Reading light (only on the Southside), Desk light (selected guest rooms), Clothes hangers, Shoehorn, Shoe shine cloth, ,Clothes brush, Room deodorizer, Memo pad, Pen, Iron, Mobile phone charger
Bath towel, Face towel, Body towel, Bath mat, Nightwear, Tissues, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body soap, Liquid facial and hand soap, Cup, Disposable slippers for guest rooms
Hair brush, Toothbrush set, Razor, Shaving cream, Cotton wool swab, Cotton wool pads, Shower cap, Green tea and Japanese drip coffee bags are available at amenity station in 2nd floor.
- What kind of rental items do you have?
Trouser press, Iron and ironing board, Desk light, Nail clippers, Thermometer, Wine bottle opener, Humidifier, Blanket, Baby cot※, Umbrella, Wheelchair
*We ask for your understanding if we are unable to meet your request due to limited supplies.
※Only standard twin, deluxe double, and deluxe twin rooms can be rented (rooms with an extra bed cannot be inserted)
- Do you have a mobile battery charger?
Yes, all guest rooms have a mobile phone charger.
- Are wheelchairs available at the hotel?
Yes. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available.
Please make a request in advance.
- Are humidifiers available at the hotel?
Yes. All guest rooms have a humidifier.
- Are rooms equipped with an electric kettle?
Yes. All guest rooms have an electric kettle.
- Are rooms equipped with a refrigerator?
Yes. All guest rooms have a refrigerator.
Please note that all refrigerators in rooms are empty.
- Are both cold and hot water available for drinking in the guest rooms?
You can also drink the tap water from every guest room.
If you want to drink hot water, please use the electric kettle in your room.
If you need ice cubes, please use the icemakers on the Northside - 2nd floor, ladies’ only floor, 7th floor and Southside - 4th floor.
- Is it possible to use an extra bed?
Standard Twin rooms (Northside) and Deluxe twin rooms (Northside, Southside) can accommodate a group of three guests by using an extra bed at an extra charge.
There are a limited number of extra beds available.
Please request one in advance.
- Does the hotel have baby beds?
Yes. There are a limited number of baby beds available.
Please request one in advance.
※Only standard twin, deluxe double, and deluxe twin rooms can be rented (rooms with an extra bed cannot be inserted).
- Does the hotel have baby strollers?
No. We do not have baby strollers.
- Are guest rooms accessible by wheelchair?
Yes, we have a Universal twin room.
As for the details and availability, please contact us.
- Does the hotel have connecting rooms?
No. We do not have any connecting rooms.
- Do all guest rooms have a unit bath system with a toilet?
Standard single, Ladies’ Single, Standard double and Standard twn rooms have unit bath system with a toilet.
Deluxe double and Deluxe twin rooms have a bathroom with a washing area and a separate toilet.
Hotel toilets are equipped with a warm-water washing toilet seat (Washlet).
- Can I connect to the internet in guest rooms and the lobby?
You can connect to the internet through Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel.
You can also connect to the internet through LAN cables are available. LAN cables are available in each guest room.
*Sometimes, connection failure may occur depending on your device setting.
- Is there a large communal bath in the hotel?
No. There is no communal or public bath in the hotel.
- Are there any smoking areas inside of the hotel?
Smoking area is on he 2nd floor on the Northside, and the 4th floor.
- Do you have coin-operated washing machines?
Yes. There are 24-hour coin-operated washing machines available on Northside - 7th floor, ladies’ only floor and Southside - 4th floor.
- Do you have laundry service?
Yes, you can use our laundry service at an extra charge. Please fill out the slip prepared in your room and bring your laundry to the front desk.
Please note that the laundry service is unavailable on Sunday and Holiday.
- Does the hotel have vending machines?
You can buy soft and alcoholic drinks from our vending machines in the following locations:
Northside - 2nd floor, ladies’ only floor, 7th floor
Southside - 4th floor
Northside - 2nd floor, ladies’ only floor, 7th floor
- Does the hotel have ice-making machines?
Yes. There are free ice-making machines available on the Northside - 2nd floor, 7th floor, ladies’ only floor and Southside - 4th floor.
- Is it possible to ship luggage from the hotel?
Courier services are available at the front desk on the 2nd floor.
However, the courier services are available only for domestic shipping destinations.
- Is massage service available at the hotel?
Yes. Please place an order from the internal line of the guest room.
For details and prices of the massage service, please contact the front desk.
- Does the hotel offer room service?
No. We do not provide room service.
- Does the hotel provide wake-up calls?
Guests can set a wake-up call through the internal line of each guest room.
Alternatively, if you request a wake-up call at the front desk, we can set it for you.
- Does the hotel have a parking lot?
Please use the West Parking area or the East Parking area in AMU PLAZA Kagoshima.
Please click here to check the precautions, including the height limitation for vehicles, for more details.
- Does the hotel provide any transportation services?
We do not provide any transportation services.
- Are there any convenience stores nearby?
There is a FamilyMart within a one-minute walk.
- Display allClose all
- What time does the restaurant open in the morning?
It is open from 6:30am to 10:00am. (Last breakfast orders 9:30am).
We provide a breakfast buffet for overnight guests for 1,540 yen(Including tax) per person at the restaurant Ekitei Satsuma on the 1st floor on the Northside of our hotel.
- Can guests other than overnight hotel guests use this breakfast service?
Yes. We serve the breakfast buffet to all guests in addition to overnight guests.
- Are children required to pay for eating breakfast in the hotel restaurant?
The breakfast price for children will be charged separately.
- Is the restaurant open for dinner?
Yes. The restaurant is open for dinner and available for all guests in addition to overnight guests.
The dinner menus also provide local cuisine using local Kagoshima ingredients such as Kurobuta ShabuShabu, Katsuo no Harakawa (roasted tuna meat), and Satsuma Age (deep-fried fish paste).
Opening hours 17:00～22:00（Last orders 21:00）
- Can the hotel staff make reservations at local restaurants for guests?
We do not provide a proxy service for making restaurant reservations.